As well as our expertise in addressing surplus portfolios, FraserCRE is also adept in ensuring that operational portfolios are managed to maximum efficiency, actively seeking cost savings/reductions where possible. We work with management to provide the best working environment.
In a recent example FraserCRE was involved in a project to reduce the annual utilities (electricity and gas) spend across the portfolio of its client Crawford & Co. By focusing on a single national supplier, and agreeing preferred rates, the saving achieved in the first year was £50k.
Other management tasks that we undertake for clients with operational property include:
- Preparing annual budgets for outgoings and capital expenditure, tracked monthly against actual spend.
- Aligning business requirements across property locations to meet dynamic business needs, including office acquisition, disposal, consolidation and lease re-gears.
- Provision of help desk, with log of reactive maintenance calls.
- Managing capital expenditure projects including new office fit out and refurbishment.
- Managing business rates appeals.
- Monitoring property related Health & Safety compliance.
- Optimising purchase of utilities.
Through FraserCRE's pro-active management of our UK property portfolio we have achieved a greater sense of cost awareness and have accordingly been able to reduce our total occupational costs over a sustained period of time. Additionally we have been able to plan and budget for our property requirements more effectively and by running a helpline for us FraserCRE have enabled us to have a better understanding of the needs of our staff as well as ensure compliance with HSE regulations.David Brocklehurst
Crawford & Company